Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MIA

Well everyone it has been so long since I last posted, too long!!

Lots has gone on in the last 3 months, omg 3 months, since I last posted and I will explain it all. Our lives were completely thrown upside down and within the blink of an eye they changed.

Well start around Jan 31,

On this day, a Sunday, our whole family(all 30 of ya's) gathered at my parents house to celebrate all the Jan and Feb birthdays. This is something we do every month or two if we combine them. Towards the end of the day my two uncles were asking my little brother if he wanted to go on a snowmobile trip with them, it was a week long trip through Northern New Brunswick and into Quebec. Jonathan, my brother, at the time said he likely wouldn't be able to as it would be too expensive and he was a student. After much persuading he finally decided he would. So on Feb 5th, my birthday, the all loaded up their sleds and took off for the weekend. He seemed pretty excited to get away and relax doing something he absolutely loved and after all he did deserve it as he was working so hard in school.

My parents, Joel, Liam and I all celebrated my birthday that night minus Jonathan. On Saturday morning Joel and I headed off to Moncton, New Brunswick to celebrate our birthday's with his family. He is from there and his birthday was on Feb 1st.

The whole drive there, all 1 1/2 hours of it, I felt uneasy and kept thinking of Jonathan as if something was going to happen to his sled, that there would be an accident. I brushed my thoughts away, thinking I was making it all up and being depressing.

The weekend went on and fast forward to Sunday on our drive home. We were half way home when our cell rang. I looked at the caller ID, it was my parents number, my heart sank immediately. I didn't want to answer the phone as I knew something had happened.

I did answer and heard, "Mandy, It's mom, Where are ya's" in a trembling voice. I immediately responded with "what's wrong? It's Jonathan isn't it?" To which she completely broke down saying it was, he was in a horrible snowmobile accident."

My heart completely broke. This is my little brother, the one who knows me better than anyone else, the one who shared a room with me until I was 6, who would build forts with me and splash in the puddles with me, the one who I would try so hard to protect in school only he was 75 lbs bigger than me. How could I protect him now.
At the time we weren't quite aware of how bad it really was but boy was it bad. In my head I just kept thinking, the chances of him surviving an accident aren't great and I just kept praying over and over to just let there be broken bones, he could survive broken bones.

No comments: