Friday, February 27, 2009

I am so thankful

My mom called me late last night after I got home from work around 10pm to inform that my brother had been in a bad snowmobile accident in the early morning. He was coming home from a ride with some friends when two of them stopped at the top of the hill to wait for the other two. They were waiting for a while so decided to turn around and go back to find them. It was a blind hill and as my brother was going over the ledge to head down he was hit by one of his friends. We were told that he flew in the air and rolled until coming to a stop 40 feet from his snowmobile. He told my mom that the only thing he was thinking of when he was rolling that he hoped his neck wasn't broken. Thank you God, that is wasn't. His snowmobile is completely wrote off and I guess a huge mess but thankfully he is alright, just a very sore neck and body. I am so thankful to God that this was not my brothers time. It really could of went either way. Last week a 30 year old man died here when he was struck on his snowmobile. I fear every time Jonathan goes out in his, I know he is a responsible driver but accidents happen so easily, as we just experienced.

3 comments:

Alma1107 said...

Yesterday was not a good day for our families was it?

I'm glad your brother is ok though :]

*Mandy* said...

Nope not at all, I'm glad our families are doing well :)

Sarah said...

I am so glad to hear your brother is okay! How scary!