Monday, February 2, 2009

Mondays... Have I mentioned lately how much I detest them?

Well to start off, I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I was up late working on my research article last night which was due this morning, which is crap, I really should have spent more time on it.

At 7:30 am I finally got out of bed and got all ready to find out that Joel had to leave early to pick up a friend so I would need to drive myself to my carpool meeting spot. Well after cleaning my car off from the snowfall last night, I got in went to backup in the driveway and got stuck. There was no one around and noway I was able to get out. So I called Joel and said I needed him to turn around come home and push me out. He said he didn't have time but would leave his car their and He was get a buddy to drive them.

Well Joel's car is a stick shift, which I hate to drive because I really suck at it. Anyway I figured it couldn't be too bad I was only driving it 5 mins to where my carpool stop was. So I hopped in started it up and was off, YAY for not stalling it as I took off. This joy did not last very long. As I was driving up the very steep hill on our road the car in front of me decided to go 50, yah 50 going up a steep hill with a stick shift really only equals one thing = The Car Stalls. So here I am in the middle of a hill, and what am I to do? My first reaction was pull the E brake and leave the stupid thing there, walk home and get back into bed. That wasn't really an option so I let the car coast all the way down the hill, backwards, and then gunned it up the hill. This only led to me stalling 3 times at the stop sign. Well after 20 mins, of what should have been an easy 5 minute drive. I was at my carpool drop and on my way to school. I was only 10 minutes late for class which isn't too bad.

The rest of the day, thankfully, hasn't gotten worse, but than it hasn't gotten much better either.

Can't wait till Tuesday

2 comments:

FlipFlopChick said...

OMG....I can totally picture you trying to get up that hill! Glad you made it! :)

Sarah said...

Glad you made it up the hill! At least the day didn't get any worse...tomorrow is another day!