Monday, March 23, 2009

Cycle #10

Well a year has past since we first started TTC but only 10 cycles. It was quite hard to think about that over the weekend. The month we first started TTC, Joel's brother and his wife started trying for their third and got KU their first month. They now have a beautiful 5 month old. It is quite crazy to think I could have had a 5 month old by now but I haven't even gotten PG yet.

On a good note, I didn't cry over it this cycle. I think I am done crying over it, which is good I guess. I am slowly becoming more bitter though.

I have decided I need to put my mind on something else and made the decision yesterday that I will start training for a half marathon. The marathon is at the end of October so I have a little over 6 months to get in shape for this. I have always wanted to run a marathon and what better time than now. If I do happen to get KU before than, then I will obviously not continue with this but in the mean time I think it will be great to get my mind of TTC and give me something else to look forward too.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds like you have a good attitude about hitting the year mark, but I'm so sorry you had to hit this mark! Good luck with the half marathon training, and here's hoping you don't have to finish the training for this one!

Mrs.Andreazza said...

Sorry it has been so long!! I'll keep you in my prayers. A marathon sounds like a great way to not only redirect your focus off of TTC for a bit, but wonderful for your overall health too. I'm hoping someday to be able to do that. For now, my goal is to make it through a 5K without walking. Good luck with your training!!

Lisa said...

Sorry for the long TTC. Do not stress over it! A half marathon...I wish I could train with you! I wish you the best of luck! Just to let you know we are all here you!

*Mandy* said...

Thanks Ladies :)