Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Best Day

Yesterday was by far the best day of my life.

First Finley and I went for a walk on the boardwalk with my good friend Jenna. It was then that she broke the news she was 3 1/2 months pregnant. I almost started to cry right then but I was so happy for her and Marc. We then went back to her house and had some lunch while we talked about being pregnant having babies and how amazing it would be to be on maternity leave together.

Well after getting home I was pretty tired but we were having a friend of ours for supper so I had to prepare everything and clean the house up a bit. I was also feeling a bit nauseaus but chalked it up AF arriving shortly.

Well fast forward to around 5:00pm, the phone rang, Joel answered and than gave the phone to me. It was my doctor calling, this was weird as her office closes at 3:30pm. She says Amanda I got your tests back and I wanted you to know the results right away, are you sitting down?

I responded with yes and that is when she proceeded to tell me that the my pregnancy test came back POSITIVE!!!

That's right, We are PREGNANT!!!

Well she gave me the little lecture of what not to do in the next week since I can't get into see her until after my trip but she was so happy for us.

after hanging up I immediately went out to Joel who was doing the dishes and just hugged him from behind, all while I was sobbing.

He was wondering what was up and once I could finally get the words out I said " Your Going to be a Daddy." He was in just as much shock as I was and kept asking really? over and over. It was such an amazing moment and not how I planned to tell him at all but it was perfect.

Baby S is due Dec. 28,2009. Please stick little one and grow to be a healthy baby. We love you so much already.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

MANDY MANDY MANDY!!!!!!

YOU ARE SO BLESSED!!!!!! MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED TOO!!!

OMG>>>>I STARTED CRYING FOR YOU AT WORK!!!!!!! NOW MY MAKEUP IS RUINED FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!! OH WELL IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome...congrats to you & your family!

ShorT1882 said...

Mandy! That's wonderful news I am soooo happy for you!!

ilovejav said...

OMG!! I am sooo happy for you..I have been grinning ever since I saw your post!:) That is so awesome. Congrats a million times!

Samantha said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you! Like I said on GP, you literally gave me chills when I read your post!! What a wonderful Christmas blessing!!!

Alma1107 said...

Congratulations hun, you and Joel deserve this!

*Mandy* said...

Thank you all, it means so much to me. You girls are absolutely amazing and I am so blessed to have found you all.

Mrs.Andreazza said...

That totally made me teary eyed!! Congrats mama!!