Friday, June 19, 2009

12 weeks!!

I am really late with this one, it has been crazy busy around here with me starting a new job and working crazy hours. Also Joel just found out yesterday that today will be his last day of work. Apparently the job they were suppose to get fell through and since he is one of the newest employees he had to be laid off along with a few others.

Please pray that he finds something else very very soon, as my job does not have guaranteed hours yet so I am a bit worried about finances.

Now onto out little one.... I am feeling really good this week. Finally getting my energy back, YAY!!! My pants are still fitting, although I doubt it will be too long before I outgrow them, as the bloat gets bigger every day it seems.

How your baby's growing:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Wow little one, the size of a lime!! You sure are getting big. Keep up the great work :)

3 comments:

Alma1107 said...

I am so sorry to hear about Joel's job, I hope everything works out in the end.

Mrs.Andreazza said...

Sorry to hear about Joel's job. That stinks. I'll say a little prayer for you guys. Glad to hear the little one is progressing well!!

*Mandy* said...

Thanks!!