Wednesday, July 29, 2009

18 weeks

Well I have been a major slacker in posting. I completely missed my 17 week belly pic and still have not taken an 18 week one. I will try tonight.

Yesterday we had our 18 week appointment and it went great. The heartbeat was a strong and fast as could be and was measuring around 155bpm. What a beautiful sound.
According to the Dr's scale I lost 5 lbs since the last time I was in but according to my scale I finally gained weight, a whole 1.5 lbs. So I am not quite sure which to believe. The doctor wasn't concerned as my belly is growing and said everything seemed fine.

We go for our ultrasound in less than a week. I cannot wait to see this beautiful little person who has been growing inside of me for the last 4.5 months.

I am feel pretty good overall, still get the dry heaves often and this humidity and heat have really been doing a number on me, but overall I am great.



How far along? 18 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: either gained 1.5 lbs(my scale) lost 5 lbs ( dr's)

Maternity clothes? Pants, still no shirts yet but I will have to by some soon.
Stretch marks? Yes a tiny little one under my appendectomy scar.

Sleep: Aww sleep, this is getting difficult. It is hot, sticky, my sciatic nerve is killing me and sometimes I wake up with very sore hips. Then there is the peeing 4 X a night. I am thinking it is just getting me used to no sleep now, which I will likely be thankful for.

Best moment this week: Hearing our little jelly bean's heart beat again, 155 beats of pure love.

Movement: Yes I am feeling more flutters and little pops lately.
Food cravings: Not too many, still strawberry shortcake.

Gender: Feeling strongly about a Girl, so much so that they will have to tell me several times if it is a boy.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
What I am looking forward to: our ultrasound on August 3rd and feeling the baby kick more
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every moment, as it goes by so fast.
Milestones: Buying our stroller and carseat!!!

How Baby is Growing

5 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Ooh fun! I have a detailed scan scheduled 8/14, but I don't know if they will tell us the sex or not.

Samantha said...

I was the same way about the gender! I was convinced it was a girl, and even when the money shot was VERY clear, I kept asking the nurse to confirm...haha. I just couldn't believe it!

Lisa said...

can not wait til next week!! I am getting super excited for you. Glad to see that you are doing well though.

Josee said...

This humidity is terrible isn't it! I totally feel your pain! Have fun at your ultrasound :-)

Mrs.F said...

Can't wait to see what you're having!!