Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eating Well is Hard!

This whole eating healthy thing is really hard, I mean really hard!! I love love food and chocolately fatty food at that. Before I met my lovely hubby I was 36lbs, actually make that 32lbs(due to my recent loss) lighter than I am now. I was in great shape, working out every day and eating very healthy. Then I met my junk food, chips addicted husband and well my healthy habits changed. I adapted his eating habits and lifestyle and fast forward 4 years I am now 32lbs heavier.

This last month I vowed to get my healthy lifestyle back and let me tell you it is not easy. I find it especially hard when you are a stay at home mom and you have the fridge starring at you all day long. Then there is the problem of baking! I am a huge baker, I actually baked every day when I was pregnant with Liam and every day after he was born. I just needed to have cookies and loafs and such around. Problem was I would eat them all myself.

So now here I am eating healthy, and it is going well. I feel great and when I do indulge in some not so healthy options it makes me feel really yucky. Last night I went to the movies and brought along a little sandwich bag with about 20 chips in it and I am proud to say I didn't even eat half of them. Before I could easily eat my whole days worth of calories while watching a movie.

I do still bake, I chose some healthier options and I make smaller portions. For example, I made mini strawberry muffins yesterday. They are delicious and so very cute!

So For breakfast today I indulged in two mini muffins along with some cheese and my daily foot smoothie. It was a great breakfast!!


1 comment:

Mrs.F said...

I know it's so tough for me too! I was always able to control my sweet tooth, but lately I haven't been able to! I have to have something sweet after every meal & it has to be something bad for you haha. Good luck with your weight loss!