Monday, April 20, 2009

Emotional Day

Well yesterday was quite the day. I woke up around 5:50 am, which was bit early for a Sunday but I had gone to bed at 9:00 pm because I was so tired and in pain and the best thing was bed. So I temped in the morning and my temperature was done yet again, I expected that, I know cycle #10 is done it is just dragging it out. So I got up, had a shower, made a a flourless cake for my aunt's birthday party in the afternoon. She has celiac, hence the flour free cake. Then I watch Coronation Street for about an hour and got up to start breakfast and sat down to eat with Joel. So overall my morning was great until about 10:00am when we went to church.

So I am in church worshiping God and all of a sudden feel my emotions get the best of me and do everything I can to hold them in and not break down in tears. This went on for about 4 songs when our Pastor got up and said there are people in here right now that need prayers. Raise your hand if you need one. I knew I did but there was no way I was raising my hand as I would lose it and break down crying. Well they played another song and at this time people were praying for others and along came a women in our church and said she really feels God is telling her to pray for me. I immediately broke down and started bawling. I really don't know why, I wasn't sad about this cycle ending like the others. I just feel numb. Obviously I was doing a good job at avoiding my emotions and filing them as far away as I could. I am really happen this happened as I felt so good after she prayed and I got it all out. Although the poor women has no idea what I was crying for she just knows I needed prayer and will continue to do so. It feels nice to know God was there and knew I needed the encouragement and that he is always there, I just don't always turn to him for help in the beginning.

I can't even imagine what the congregation thought was going on. I am usually a really bubbly, happy person so it must have been a shock to see.

Moving on to the afternoon, it was a great day. We had a family gathering for all the April birthday's. We do this every month as our family is about 35 people so we have quite a few birthdays and it is easier to celebrate them together. We had a wonderful meal of stuffed pork chops, whipped mashed potatoes, turnip casserole and broccoli salad. With 5 assortments of cakes to top it all off. It was a wonderful time to spend with family.

After our lovely afternoon Joel, myself, my mom, two aunts, uncle and several cousins went back to our church as we were hosting the Watoto Children's Choir. They were absolutely amazing. If you ever have the chance to check them out I highly encourage you to do so. These children were once all AIDS orphans in Uganda and are now living for God by touring the world and ministering to people through song and dance. However right now they have 8 homes waiting in Uganda to take children off the streets and give them good homes but due to our financial instability in North American they do not have the money to do so. In order to take a child in they need to be sponsored. This only costs $35 a month or $440 a year. Which really is pocket change. That is less than one coffee a day, how can one not afford that when in reality we spend much more than that on useless things during the day.

I really encourage anyone who is interested to look up this missions group. Watoto.com as it truly is a wonderful thing to be involved in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7amqM8hzQ

6 comments:

Mrs.F said...

I'm so sorry you had such an emotional day. Sometimes a good cry is just what you need though. I'll be praying for you!

Mrs.Pink said...

Aww! Glad you were able to get some of your emotions out. It was probably just what you needed! :) Hang in there!

Samantha said...

I'm sorry you had that breakdown, but I am so amazed by how God works and reveals His presence in our lives by bringing people to us in our time of need!

I just saw Chris Tomlin in concert earlier this month and he told us all about the Watoto Children's Choir that helped him with his "Hello Love" song. Have you heard the story behind how he got them to sing with him on the CD? It's amazing! I'm sure you can find the story online somewhere.

*Mandy* said...

Thanks Girls :)
Samantha I didn't hear the story behind it but would love to know it.

Ms. T said...

Hey Mandy,

First I am so happy that you have recieved such a blessing from up above..Just know your heart is in a great place from what I have read and I know that this is only the beginning..You are being restored!!! I can't wait to follow your pregnancy experience...

Tasha
www.keepingitsexi.weebly.com

N said...

Do you know if this childrens choir ever came to Liberty University? I could swear I saw them there!