Wednesday, May 27, 2009

9 weeks

It is hard to believe we are already 9 weeks. It is so exciting, even more exciting because our baby actually now looks like a baby. I cannot believe the changes our little one has gone through. It really is the most miraculous thing on earth, what a blessing from God, so much so that I need to thank him for this blessing several times a day. We are just so unbelievably greatful.

This week I am so tired, thankfully I am no longer working at the moment, because I have spent the last four days going from the couch to the kitchen to the computer. I am so tired, but I couldn't be more happy as jelly bean is going through a big growth spurt the last 2 weeks. I am also very bloated now, I can't even hid it anymore but my pants still seem to fit, which I am thankful for.

Our Baby at 9 Weeks

-Baby is beginning to move, but you won't be able to feel anything for some time.
-Baby is growing nipples and hair follicles (although there's still a chance you'll be giving birth to a baldy!) * There is a very slim chance of this as I had my first hair cute at 3 months old.

-His pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and anus are all in place, ready to poop and pee a dozen times a day when he's born.
-Your baby's head is half the size of his body and his little chin is tucked into his chest. His tiny tail is beginning to shrink away, giving Junior a more human and less amphibious look.
-Until now, all pre-babies look the same "down there." This week, however, your baby will begin to develop either male or female genitalia. In layman terms, your baby is beginning to develop her hoo-ha or his wee-wee. While you won't be able to find out the gender of your baby for several more weeks, the version you'll give birth to is being developed right now.
-At this stage, your developing fetus is 1-inch in length, about the size of a martini olive (you remember martinis, don't you?) and weighs a mere 2 grams—a little less than a penny.

No comments: